Backup camera question

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I am an enthusiastic amateur with limited finances. I have a Sony A9ii, with a 100 - 400 and 1.4 TC. I need a good backup camera though, you know - just in case. I buy used most of the time - KEH,MPB,B & H etc. Of course a second A9ii would be great but too expensive. Any good ideas for something that meets the need without a major new learning curve? Experience with any of the 7 series? RX 10 iv? Any thoughts? Thanks.

If you’re talking strictly backup only in case it gets dropped or dies…get whatever body has the best feature list compared to the main body and fits your budget. If you’re going to use both bodies with different lenses…I recommend the one with the closest match in controls for muscle memory purposes. I’m not a Sony guy so can’t recommend specific models…just a guideline for what I would do.

Back