Backyard Flowers

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
While trying to be stealthy when shooting the small birds, I also captured a few shots of the spring plants and flowers as the begin to thrive.

BYF-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

BYF-3.jpg

BYF-4.jpg

@JAS , I have a quastion: why are you actually user f22 in this case? I would try wide open (f5.6) it will give me shallow DOF but enough for the #2 and #3 and beautiful bokeh. Wold you try? The same motiv. Perhaps, you need to step back.
The pics are very nice but for me they look much too sharp. I would try with different f-stops (but not behind f11) and with different distance to the subject. I don't have Z 100-400 S. I am curious about your pictures. Thanks!

Reactions: JAS
@JAS , I have a quastion: why are you actually user f22 in this case? I would try wide open (f5.6) it will give me shallow DOF but enough for the #2 and #3 and beautiful bokeh. Wold you try? The same motiv. Perhaps, you need to step back.
The pics are very nice but for me they look much too sharp. I would try with different f-stops (but not behind f11) and with different distance to the subject. I don't have Z 100-400 S. I am curious about your pictures. Thanks!
I understand your comment and agree. I was in experiment mode and all of these shots were handheld. With this lens/TC combo I am starting at f/8 to f/1. I am not the steadiest handheld shooter for a variety of reasons so I am experimenting on what I can do and what works. More experiemtns will come with time, especially when our gardens start to come in and I have a wide range of flowers to work with. On this day I was primarily shooting birds and needed a bit more depth of field given my shakiness. In other words all of my issues are operator missteps. Ha-Ha.

Back