Backyard Photography

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
With many things competing for our time these days, much of my photography has been in our own yard (back and front) capturing the beauty of my wife's flower gardens. Here are a few from this week.
GardenClose01.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

GardenClose02.jpg

GardenClose03.jpg
GardenClose04.jpg

GardenClose05.jpg

GardenClose06.jpg

Great set of images, Joe! I especially like the beautiful images of the daylilies!
Thank you, the lilies are so gorgeous to look at and to capture. The hibiscus are starting to open and the wild geraniums will start soon. I love the large hibiscus blooms, while the wild geraniums attract many bees and they are in a bright area so very fast shutter speeds are possible as I try to freeze the bee's wings in flight. Doesn't work often, but fun when it does.

Just get out there and do it! Daylight into early evening works well now.
I agree. My wife loves to garden and if I have the time I can almost always find something to photograph in the yard. Nice series!

--he lilies are so gorgeous to look at and to capture. The hibiscus are starting to open and the wild geraniums will start soon. I love the large hibiscus blooms, while the wild geraniums attract many bees and they aere in a bright area so very fast shutter speeds are possible as I try to freeze the bee's wings in flight. Doesb't work often, but fun when it does.

Last edited:
Back