If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rick S

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Back issues are keeping me from getting behind the camera, but I did get to the basement for about 25 minutes last Thursday, 4/11/24. I had a pretty decent variety. D500/Tammy 150-600 (G1).
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_002-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_010-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_015-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_032-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_037-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_042-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_047-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-04-11 Nackyard Birds_055-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Back issues are keeping me from getting behind the camera, but I did get to the basement for about 25 minutes last Thursday, 4/11/24. I had a pretty decent variety. D500/Tammy 150-600 (G1).
View attachment 86868View attachment 86869View attachment 86870View attachment 86871View attachment 86872View attachment 86873View attachment 86874View attachment 86875
Sorry to hear about your back. But what a wonderful variety of birds in your backyard to keep you busy. Beautiful shots. Rest up Rick.

A nice set, Rick.
Back problems suck! Took out a large Pachypodium lamerei today (± 280 mm trunk) and my back is complaining that it is not 35 any more!

At 73 my back has been a concern and Aleve only goes so far. I am using 12 lb dumbbells nightly to strengthen my lower back muscles along with a rowing machine in the garage to get in better shape.

Bicycling is also great for the back but my local roads are now too dangerous with all the people focused on their smartphones who might as well be drunk in terms of seeing and reacting to bicyclists. Bicyclist deaths from being hit by motorists has increased by 44% over the past decade according to the National Safety Council.

At 73 my back has been a concern and Aleve only goes so far. I am using 12 lb dumbbells nightly to strengthen my lower back muscles along with a rowing machine in the garage to get in better shape.

Bicycling is also great for the back but my local roads are now too dangerous with all the people focused on their smartphones who might as well be drunk in terms of seeing and reacting to bicyclists. Bicyclist deaths from being hit by motorists has increased by 44% over the past decade according to the National Safety Council.
Thanks. I'm 70 and it's been a decades long problem but the last 4 years since having both knees replaced had been pretty pain free until about a month ago. I finally got a pain management appointment this morning for 5/2, so meds, ice and TENS Unit until then.

I also use an electric heating pad so warm my lower back muscles when they have been strained. Ice is good after initial injury but after that heat is recommended.

A potential problem with the use of pain meds or cortisone injections is that without pain feedback is it easy to re-injure strained muscles. There is also little appreciation that as we age the recovery times for injury increases greatly. What used to take days when young, can take weeks for the "elderly". I have a full day for recovery after a day of exercise which I do not like but it is necessary.

I also use an electric heating pad so warm my lower back muscles when they have been strained. Ice is good after initial injury but after that heat is recommended.

A potential problem with the use of pain meds or cortisone injections is that without pain feedback is it easy to re-injure strained muscles. There is also little appreciation that as we age the recovery times for injury increases greatly. What used to take days when young, can take weeks for the "elderly". I have a full day for recovery after a day of exercise which I do not like but it is necessary.
Thanks again. Years ago I did let the pain meds fool me into thinking it was better. I'll never let that happen again. I have a heating pad hanging over the head of my bed. :) I use ice on occasion as well, but mostly heat.