If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

8CM_5390.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A little bit of snow yesterday, I glanced up from my office to see the coyote cross the backyard. A couple of quick steps, and he was gone again.
(Nikon D850, 500mm pf, f/5.6, 1/1250, iso 200)

Wish we had coyotes in this area. I live in farm and ranch country though and the farmers and ranchers have a tendency to shoot coyotes and foxes to protect their chickens. Lacking chickens and liking foxes, I wish this weren't so.
Be careful what you wish for. Coyotes are opportunistic predators that adapt to living around humans as well as being photogenic.
There's been more than one incident of residents of local residential neighborhoods being bitten by an unprovoked coyote the past couple of years. There also have been cases of them following residents to the door of their homes. They'll also take cats/small dogs if given a chance.

Be careful what you wish for. Coyotes are opportunistic predators that adapt to living around humans as well as being photogenic.
There's been more than one incident of residents of local residential neighborhoods being bitten by an unprovoked coyote the past couple of years. There also have been cases of them following residents to the door of their homes. They'll also take cats/small dogs if given a chance.

Our house is fenced in pretty good.