If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

On the way home from visiting family the wife and I took a detour through Badlands National Park. We only spent 4 or 5 hours there but have already decided there will be many, many more trips out there! Just fantastic scenery, and the wildlife is wonderful. We saw what we considered a bonus, a bighorn ram, with his harem just a short distance away. The babies are so well camouflaged to their surroundings they are really hard to spot until they move. I had the D610 and 12-24 on doing landscapes, all of the sheep images were on the D500, 200-500 f5.6 and tc14II. Still tuning in this combo, almost looks like its still front focusing.
_6103729-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
_DSC4168-Edit.jpg
_DSC4200-Edit.jpg
_DSC4279-Edit.jpg

I highly recommend a visit to the SD Badlands if possible, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy.

Nice photos. I am considering a trip to the Badlands this Fall. I am thinking of going to Theodore Roosevelt NP and catching the Badlands on the way back to KS. Your pictures are pushing me towards doing it.

Joe

Gfreat photos. I have been thru the Badlands several times, nice scenic views but never see wildlife. May be the noise of my Harley and the other 4 to 5 hundred thousand Harley's keep them away? yes (400,000+)

Thank you all. I suppose us arriving at about dawn on a Sunday morning helped with the sparse crowd but we were far from "by ourselves"
Since we drove up to a small gathering of vehicles stopped along the 2 lane road, the sheep seemed pretty aware and tolerant of humans. We were never further than say 150 yards from them while other folks were much closer, and out of their cars (sadly).