If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

2022-12-04 A MATURE BALD EAGLE ON CAMANO ISLAND WASHINGTON.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

That's really a nice shot, Michael. Typically all of the branches etc. in shots like this look very cluttered. But not the case here. As a matter of fact it has the interesting effect of muting the bright sky. Well done.

Nice shot. Was that a recent photo? I have been waiting months to get out into the Skagit and Whatcom counties to catch the eagles feeding on the salmon, but health issues may cause me to have to sit out much, if not all, of the season. Quite frustrating, but nice to see your shot.

--Ken

Nice shot. Was that a recent photo? I have been waiting months to get out into the Skagit and Whatcom counties to catch the eagles feeding on the salmon, but health issues may cause me to have to sit out much, if not all, of the season. Quite frustrating, but nice to see your shot.

--Ken
Ken,

Appreciate the comment, it is a recent photo. Took it last week on Camaro Island. Truth be told I was driving down the road and this Eagle was walking in a parking lot of a veterinary clinic. When I stopped he perched in this tree for about 30 minutes. He was putting on a great show. Bummer you can't get to Skagit. I went last year on a drift boat was a fantastic experience.

Ken,

Appreciate the comment, it is a recent photo. Took it last week on Camaro Island. Truth be told I was driving down the road and this Eagle was walking in a parking lot of a veterinary clinic. When I stopped he perched in this tree for about 30 minutes. He was putting on a great show. Bummer you can't get to Skagit. I went last year on a drift boat was a fantastic experience.
I hope to do a drift boat one year, but that is probably something that will be added to my list when I retire in a few years, as I always seem to be jammed up at work in the winter. I am hoping that I may be able to get up to the Skagit, but right now I cannot plan anything definitive. Regarding your eagle, perhaps he was waiting for some small dog who was leaving the vet? Eagles are somewhat known for being opportunistic. :rolleyes:

--Ken

What a great image! Those that say the z2x isn’t sharp, look again! I love this lens with that teleconverter and this is a fabulous example of how good it really is.