If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jtilley

Supporting Member
Marketplace
20230101-_DSC0791-Edit_BCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

20230101-_DSC1125-Edit_BCG.jpg
20230101-_DSC1174-Edit_BCG.jpg

Nice shots. Were these from this year? It was a total bust last year the times I went up, and I was really looking forward to December, only to be sidelined by two medical issues. Not sure if they are still feeding, but I do wish I could get out there soon.

--Ken

Nice set. I love the misty feel in the first and last. The BG in the last shot is really nice giving a good sense of place without being distracting. A bit of an awkward wing position in that one.

Reactions: eft
Nice shots. Were these from this year? It was a total bust last year the times I went up, and I was really looking forward to December, only to be sidelined by two medical issues. Not sure if they are still feeding, but I do wish I could get out there soon.

--Ken
Yeah, New Years Day. Action was a little slow, not alot of fish in the rivers and the water was running pretty high. I think I heard just the other day that they might be limiting fishing on the Nooksack due to low fish returns as well.

Yeah, New Years Day. Action was a little slow, not alot of fish in the rivers and the water was running pretty high. I think I heard just the other day that they might be limiting fishing on the Nooksack due to low fish returns as well.
Our niece and her fiancée live in Bellingham and when we saw them in mid-December, he also mentioned that the river was running high. It just too far of a drive for me to try and get out more than a few time each winter. I am glad you got some decent shots, and hope you have more luck if you get back there.

--Ken

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments. I was definitely going for the moody feel and glad that was picked up on. I also appreciate hearing peoples image preferences.

I thought the first one told a bit better story in one shot, with the foggy background and dew drops coming off the branch with the eagle taking flight. The second shot, I was waiting for the eagle to come down to the river, but she didn't move for a good hour and won the patience contest. The last one, I do like the simplicity of the shot. I had several in that series and not exactly sure why I settled on that one.

@NorthernFocus I'm still trying to get a grip on what constitutes a good wing position. I know it is probably borderline in the lack of frontal aspect, I'm guessing the issue is more with the assymetry of the two wings?

Again, thank you everyone for the comments.

James

Last edited:
Really nice shots. You have taken one of the most prolific birds in the pacific northwest this time of year and showcased its beauty and that of its surroundings. Breathtaking.