If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Soopahmahn

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Sorry I haven’t been on in a while, life and photography has been very busy!

This took a lot of effort, but I’m pretty pleased with the result! Barn swallows feed intensively over a soybean field near me, consuming piles of insects at dusk. They seem to move in large groups between different fields. Their flight pattern is very graceful and swooping, but these swallows also change direction in an instant, and can dive at speeds over 40 mph.

I planned the composition and preset the camera to a planned exposure and focus distance, then used a trigger to free me from the eyepiece and be able to watch with a wider view to catch swallows that flew headlong into my range of focus - less than 1 meter, according to PhotoPills. Only a few exposures out of hundreds were sharp, but this was my favorite image.

As always, appreciate feedback on how to take my images and editing to the next level!

IMG_1943.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Sorry I haven’t been on in a while, life and photography has been very busy!

This took a lot of effort, but I’m pretty pleased with the result! Barn swallows feed intensively over a soybean field near me, consuming piles of insects at dusk. They seem to move in large groups between different fields. Their flight pattern is very graceful and swooping, but these swallows also change direction in an instant, and can dive at speeds over 40 mph.

I planned the composition and preset the camera to a planned exposure and focus distance, then used a trigger to free me from the eyepiece and be able to watch with a wider view to catch swallows that flew headlong into my range of focus - less than 1 meter, according to PhotoPills. Only a few exposures out of hundreds were sharp, but this was my favorite image.

As always, appreciate feedback on how to take my images and editing to the next level!

View attachment 66405
Super shot! Well done!