Battery consumption on a Z9 with 800mm S PF

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

All I can add is that my experience does not match yours. I use the Z9/800PF combo a lot. I have a second battery. I could have left the spare battery in the original packaging for all the use it has gotten. Nor do I recall seeing the battery below half-charged even after a considerable amount of use. Wish I could help you more. I suspect the difference lies in combinations of how-I-shoot vs how-you-shoot, and the number of comments and suggestions already made. That is, a complex interaction of factors.

I have been having the same issue with my 800pf. I usually use my 5oo pf with adapter and can go all day with no issues. The 800 only last about 6 hrs with only intermittent use. it seems like I shouldnt have to keep turning it on and off. Could something on the lens be getting bumped while carrying on a strap? Thanks for any imput.

While a fully loaded battery usually is worth a full day's work, I had emptied a battery using my Z9 and the 800mm S PF after some 450 shots. What are your experiences? Is this normal, because autofocusing this big lens comsumes more? I was out for birds, thus having long distance and closer items. Still I was astonished to see such a low number of shots. I was working between 640 and 1000 ISO, could this be a reason?
GPS on?

While a fully loaded battery usually is worth a full day's work, I had emptied a battery using my Z9 and the 800mm S PF after some 450 shots. What are your experiences? Is this normal, because autofocusing this big lens comsumes more? I was out for birds, thus having long distance and closer items. Still I was astonished to see such a low number of shots. I was working between 640 and 1000 ISO, could this be a reason?
Are you shooting in very cold weather?

GPS is on but doesnt drain with 500 pf. Im not shooting in cold temps. 40's and up. Something with the 8oo lens must be getting bumped while its hanging on the strap causing it to go off of standby. I left it on all night with no battery draw. Now I just need to figure out what:unsure:

Back