Been waiting for it -- had my first 'error; turn camera off' message from my Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ssheipel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
At the end of a walk about town with camera (took no shots), spotted a grey squirrel amongst some colourful blossoms and tried to get a shot. But got the (dreaded?) error message in the top screen.

Took three off and back on cycles (with pauses in between) to make it go away.

Took a few shots following, to test, and all was back to 'normal.'

Have seen others note this happening and given the other 'high tech' minor blips that are routine using modern computers, er, cameras (certainly the Z9) I was was waiting for it. Did pause my heart and immediately I thought of the annoyance of shipping the camera to Nikon Canada :)

That is all. :)

Last edited:
There have been other reports of behavior something like this. I’ve not experienced it myself, though.

I’m sure you’d have noticed these things but make sure the lens is properly seated and look for any exterior moisture, particularly around the top area near the shutter and on/off switch. Otherwise, if it continues to occur it might need a check by Nikon Canada.

There have been other reports of behavior something like this. I’ve not experienced it myself, though.

I’m sure you’d have noticed these things but make sure the lens is properly seated and look for any exterior moisture, particularly around the top area near the shutter and on/off switch. Otherwise, if it continues to occur it might need a check by Nikon Canada.
Would this be the on/off switch that has stopped 'smoothly' operating? :) Thanks for the tips; I have zero doubt that the 'issue' is purely electronic/digital gremlins, along with the 'issue' with the playback button not liking to work in any given moment, ditto whatever button it is I use for BBF. All exceedingly rare in occurence, and almost entirely impossible to replicate when sitting in Nikon service :) I'm not complaining; accepted such 'issues' as the new normal very shortly into my love affair with mirrorless (Z9) when the LCD had to be replaced :)

Back