Belted Kingfisher Grooming up a storm!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Belted Kingfisher (male) Grooming in real time. He had just dove for a fish, came up, landed on a limb for less than a minute, then flew to this wire right by me to groom. I could not believe he came right up by me. Make sure you watch from half way on to see him do his butt and wing very fast wiggle three times. Made me laugh out loud when reviewing the video!! Hand held, Canon R5 with RF 800mm f11, 4k crop mode. I also have a slow motion version, which is the second one in this post. It is one third speed and really lets you see his working. Marion County near Hannibal, MO.

Belted Kingfisher (male) Grooming in real time. He had just dove for a fish, came up, landed on a limb for less than a minute, then flew to this wire right by me to groom. I could not believe he came right up by me. Make sure you watch from half way on to see him do his butt and wing very fast wiggle three times. Made me laugh out loud when reviewing the video!! Hand held, Canon R5 with RF 800mm f11, 4k crop mode. I also have a slow motion version, which is the second one in this post. It is one third speed and really lets you see his working. Marion County near Hannibal, MO.
Nice Job Dave! You were very fortunate to get so close. They are fun to watch. Well done!👍👍👍

Nice job of these video, Dave. It's great to see these little speedsters again. WE should be getting ours back in Ottawa any day.
Cheers,
Rudy

Excellent video!
But there is a bit diffrent colour in Slow-Mo? Less contrasty. Right? Or my PC is just showing like this?
I would also separate the audio of bird and add it to slow-mo togethe with music. It can go also in a loop. Or is it a bad idea? Becasue audio is so good (I mean the bird)

Excellent video!
But there is a bit diffrent colour in Slow-Mo? Less contrasty. Right? Or my PC is just showing like this?
I would also separate the audio of bird and add it to slow-mo togethe with music. It can go also in a loop. Or is it a bad idea? Becasue audio is so good (I mean the bird)
Thank You Elena!
Yes, after rendering the regular speed version, I edited a little more to tone down the highlights and contrast. Maybe could have done a better job of it. Good suggestion on the audio!
Dave

Back