BIF (bees in flight)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Carpenter Bees were buzzing around a split rail fence at a local park. Although they look big and scary, the males (most likely the ones here) don't have stingers and the females have to be really aggravated to sting. Not aggressive but they will buzz close to you. Most likely to check you out or try to intimidate you from getting closer to the nesting holes they bored in the wood.
These were all shot with mechanical shutter on Canon R7.
[edited to add info about which shutter mode was used]
_T3A0009.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
_T3A0015.jpg
_T3A0005.jpeg

Last edited:
Stunning shots. I've come to take it as affection when I'm watering my garden and the bigger bees are bouncing off my head.
I like that. I did have a couple bounce into me. As silly as it sounds I was there with them almost 2 hours. What was amazing to me is as big and bulky and clumsy as they seem, they are still capable of some interesting acrobatics in the air.

I'm going to edit my original post to add these were shot with the mechanical shutter engaged.

Jeff

Back