If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

R.Philip

Spent 3 days in the Smokies looking for bears. I found shooting Bears In Flight :));)) are pretty easy with my D850 and the 600mm F/4. Here are a couple images of a black bear cub. Love my 600mm lens.

20220428-untitled-408-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

20220428-untitled-456-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Those bears aren't fleeing, so "in flight" might not be the right term -- nice photos anyway.
With all due respect, I beg to differ. ;) Have you ever seen people at a bear jam (that's rhetorical); they stalk and chase the bears for pictures. I am sure you know what I am saying. The bears many times are fleeing the misbehavior of a small majority of the humans viewing them. The unfortunate thing is those few seem to be represented at every bear sighting. I wish it was a laughing matter, but it truly isn't. The startled stare in the second image was a result of the park volunteer blowing his whistle at people getting too close and not adhering to "social" distancing requirements for a wild animal viewing. My post was meant with unfortunate sarcasm/humor.

Last edited: