Bighorn Sheep and First Snow

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DRwyoming

Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Woke up to first real valley snow of the season. Love to shoot wildlife in fresh snow so after some Thanksgiving baking I headed out to see what I could find and came across these Bighorn Sheep Rams who were kind enough to hang around for some portraits.

Z91_8736 --20231123.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Z81_0056 --20231123-Edit.jpg

Z91_8779 --20231123.jpg

Z81_0035 --20231123.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Looks like you are getting the snow a little earlier up there. Ours started Friday morning down in CO near Boulder. Great shots in a perfect setting!

Superb images, Dave! Wish I were there, too!

Happy Thanksgiving back at 'ya!
Beautiful photo. Beautiful animals.
Nice set.
very nice!
Good looking Bighorns Dave.
"Tall cotton" for you and them.
Thanks for the kind words folks!
Great set Dave, we are still waiting for or first snow down here.
Thanks Ira! Might be waiting a while :)
beautiful capture
Thanks Mark!
Looks like you are getting the snow a little earlier up there. Ours started Friday morning down in CO near Boulder. Great shots in a perfect setting!
Thanks Woody, yeah this storm came in much bigger than they called for. Expected trace to an inch or so in the valley and got closer to five inches in the yard with more in the mountains. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort opened for skiing this morning with the new snow on top of manmade on a couple of runs.

Woke up to first real valley snow of the season. Love to shoot wildlife in fresh snow so after some Thanksgiving baking I headed out to see what I could find and came across these Bighorn Sheep Rams who were kind enough to hang around for some portraits.

View attachment 74996

View attachment 74997

View attachment 74998

View attachment 74999

Happy Thanksgiving folks!
Great set of photos. It’s on my bucket list to get up your way in the Winter! Thanks for sharing.

Nice set. The snow definitely sets them apart.
I miss a nice soft snow! Great shots Dave, brings back fond memories of being in those conditions!
Graceful is the word that comes to mind when I look at these images. Nice work.
Great set of photos. It’s on my bucket list to get up your way in the Winter! Thanks for sharing.
Lucky you to live in country like that -- and yeah, I know we usually make our own luck. Nice batch of young rams -- when they grow up they'll be impressive. You have some really nice photos there.
Lovely Dave. In a few days I will be making my way to Jackson Hold from London
Beauties!
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Back