If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JoelKlein

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Z9 - 800pf in DX. Auto area Bird AF looking through /ignoring tree branches in front. Some spots on the birds appear less sharp because of those invisible tree branches. (I was shooting out of my window with the hood removed) subject detect AF box was on the left bird.

What’s the name of these birds? there are very similar looking birds like them, just smaller.

And what are they eating? The Gulls go wild when they are around.

Thanks

_DSC4059.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I assume that were taken in the US but here in the UK they'd be carrion crows (American crow??). Basically a smaller version of the Raven. I don't know if you're Ravens are the same as ours (your Robins are completely different) but I don't think they are Ravens.

Last edited:
Rave, rook, crow, depends on where you live. Google corvids, the crow family.
Corvidae is a cosmopolitan family of oscine passerine birds that contains the crows, ravens, rooks, magpies, jackdaws, jays, treepies, choughs, and nutcrackers. In colloquial English, they are known as the crow family or corvids. Currently, 135 species are included in this family from Wiki.
I assume that were taken in the US but here in the UK they'd be carrion crows (American crowd??). Basically a smaller version of the Raven. I don't know if you're Ravens are the same as ours (your Robins are completely different) but I don't think they are Ravens.
The British Robin is a robin - The European robin (Erithacus rubecula), known simply as the robin or robin redbreast in Great Britain and Ireland, is a small insectivorous passerine bird that belongs to the chat subfamily of the Old World flycatcher family.[3] It is found across Europe, east to Western Siberia and south to North Africa; it is sedentary in most of its range except the far north.
The American robin : is a migratory bird of the true thrush genus and Turdidae, the wider thrush family. It is named after the European robinbecause of its reddish-orange breast, though the two species are not closely related, with the European robin belonging to the Old World flycatcher family. Wikipedia

Z9 - 800pf in DX. Auto area Bird AF looking through /ignoring tree branches in front. Some spots on the birds appear less sharp because of those invisible tree branches. (I was shooting out of my window with the hood removed) subject detect AF box was on the left bird.

What’s the name of these birds? there are very similar looking birds like them, just smaller.

And what are they eating? The Gulls go wild when they are around.

Thanks

View attachment 82446
Appears to be crows.