Bird On 3 Sticks!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

not sure if it’s technically on the three sticks, but it’s close enough!! Just another walk around shot from the other day near my house. Critiques are appreciated.

Cassin’s Kingbird, Orange County, California. Handheld, processed in adobe photoshop express. Canon eos R7, sigma 150-600mm C @ 600mm, 1/640 at f/7.1, ISO 800. Medium crop. Image downsized for posting.
1684606906005.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Lovely photo and bird. Perhaps place the birdie a little lower in the frame - that will make the branches a tad less overwhelming and a more pleasing image - but that would just be my personal choice and likes. The photo has a lovely "feel" to it.

I like the nice soft background and the details in the bird. I'm wondering if a bit more contrast on the bird might help accentuate the feathers - I dunno. I think I agree with the others that the tangle of branches on the left makes things a bit cluttered in an otherwise simple and pleasing image. However I do like the leaves on the branches as it adds just the right amount of interest for me - not too much, but just enough to tie in with the yellow feathers of the bird.

Very nice portrait of the bird and a creamy-dreamy background! The arcing branches work well for me, but I would have tried to eliminate the clutter in the lower left corner before taking the shot.

In post you might try (in the extreme lower left corner) removing the twig that connects the two arching branches and the diagonal going the "wrong" way. Also, I would remove that bit of plant along the extreme bottom edge toward the right bottom corner.

Thanks everyone!! I don’t own a computer, so I do all of my editing on my iPad in adobe photoshop express. I cannot clone things like that. I did crop some off of the bottom and left thigh and think it still looks fine. I also added more contrast. Thoughts?
1684857035027.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Personally, I like it a lot better with the increased contrast - makes the bird pop. The branches are a less distracting now - they all "flow" in the same'ish direction.

Back