Bird Photography Tours in Costa Rica

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

David Bostock

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hello all,

I am looking to book a bird photography tour in Costa Rica early next year. I don't think Steve is running tours there anymore (maybe wrong)?

So do you have any recommendations for tours, guides, and best time of year? I'm definitely looking for birds, but certainly other wildlife as well...

Thanks for any help,
David

They’re still running and being promoted and organized by Steve and Rose (at least for 2024)…but the actual onsite guide work has been turned over to Dennis Valverde of OSA Photography. I don’t think Steve has ever said this was permanent or not…it sounded like he had done a lot of workshops there with Dennis and just got too busy with other stuff and let Dennis be the lead on site guy. AFAIK there were 4 or 5 in July/Aug this year and would suspect that will continue. If it doesn’t…I suspect Dennis does some on his own as well in addition to the partnership with Steve. Dennis does more than just OSA depending on where you want to go.

Back