Birds and fish (and birds dropping fish)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Stephen Berger

Supporting Member
Marketplace
from a few mornings ago...

DSC07006.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC07024-Edit.jpg
DSC07151-Edit.jpg
DSC07173-Edit.jpg
DSC07408.jpg
DSC07516.jpg
DSC07935.jpg
DSC07967.jpg

Stephen, great set, and you certainly captured them under challenging conditions. (y)
I have a burst series of images of a tern dropping the fish while up in the air. The images show that the bird drops the fish so that it can approach it from a different angle while in the air to reposition the fish so it can be swallowed head-first. This behaviour may be what we're seeing in some of your images.

Stephen, great set, and you certainly captured them under challenging conditions. (y)
I have a burst series of images of a tern dropping the fish while up in the air. The images show that the bird drops the fish so that it can approach it from a different angle while in the air to reposition the fish so it can be swallowed head-first. This behaviour may be what we're seeing in some of your images.
Thank you. And I'm sure that's at least what the terns were trying to do (though the one I photographed dropped into the water), but the others just couldn't seem to hold on to them. Though in fairness to the egret it was being stalked by a heron.

Back