If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jadewolf

tbDSC_1500c_bcg.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Fiery-Billed Aracari

tbDSC_8730c_bcg.jpg

Black-Bellied Whistling Duck

tbDSC_9747c_bcg.jpg

Northern Jacana

tbDSC_9633c_bcg.jpg

Purple Gallinule

tbDSC_8579c_bcg.jpg

Roadside Hawk

Had a fantastic trip down to Costa Rica and still going through and editing photos from it (slowed down by the fact that I'm in the middle of moving to a new town, but still working at it!). Here's a handful of my favorites so far.

That Aracari was particularly special. I had missed two opportunities to get a photo of them earlier in the week. Then on the last day of shooting, after we were done for the day and back at the hotel, I had gone to relax in the pool. And while I was floating around, a group of four or five aracaris just showed up out of nowhere and took up residence in a tree next to the pool. Well, I leapt off of my float, jumped out of the pool, grabbed a towel to at least dry my hands off and ran, still dripping wet, back to my room. Luckily, I hadn't broken the camera down yet so it was ready and waiting on the bed, with fresh batteries, too, as I'd already swapped the day's battery out onto the charger. Stuck it on the monopod and hauled butt back to poolside. The aracaris had moved to a different tree, but the new one was a great spot and I managed to get one of my favorite shots of the whole trip--still dripping water and in my bathing suit.