Black ink on coming off - Canson paper

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have a problem with black ink on Canson Infinity Platine Fibre Rag coming off. The print was several weeks old and had been submitted to a competition and when I received it back there were a couple o marks on it and when I lightly put my finger over thinking it was a bit of debris the black ink came off on my finger. I am using a Canon Pro-300 with the correct icc profile for the paper and printer. Canon were not helpful, just told me to use Canon paper! My local supplier of Canson Paper had no answers either.

Anyone have any insights or advice as to how I can print this in future. I never had any trouble with my previous Canon Pro1.

Not every paper works well on every printer, who knows why. Search for a different rag type paper. Red River has a nice selection of paper and you can order a test packet. I use an Epson printer so can't comment on the Cannon printer. I've used Red River paper for many years.

I have a problem with black ink on Canson Infinity Platine Fibre Rag coming off. The print was several weeks old and had been submitted to a competition and when I received it back there were a couple o marks on it and when I lightly put my finger over thinking it was a bit of debris the black ink came off on my finger. I am using a Canon Pro-300 with the correct icc profile for the paper and printer. Canon were not helpful, just told me to use Canon paper! My local supplier of Canson Paper had no answers either.

Anyone have any insights or advice as to how I can print this in future. I never had any trouble with my previous Canon Pro1.

Just checking if it was Canon ink purchased somewhere you are sure is not selling refills?

Back