Black Necked Stork - (blue??)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Indrajeet Singh

All images only shot in the wild - No captives.
D7200 + 200~500
X04_7067.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

There is a lot of conjecture around the name of the bird, but I have it on pretty good authority from an Australian ecologist that it is black with a blue-green sheen. It used to be called Jabiru (once believed to be an Aboriginal word) here but now called Black Necked Stork or sometimes referred to as Satin Stork. This is because of another different species in Brazil using that name.

There is a lot of conjecture around the name of the bird, but I have it on pretty good authority from an Australian ecologist that it is black with a blue-green sheen. It used to be called Jabiru (once believed to be an Aboriginal word) here but now called Black Necked Stork or sometimes referred to as Satin Stork. This is because of another different species in Brazil using that name.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ great info. Thanks.

Beautiful, and again, the resemblance is uncanny between the three continents on this stork species.
@Oztours I see Jabiru is still used in Queensland. Been looking for them but the ungrateful birds must be in hiding!:sneaky:

Just love the look on its face! Looks like the wife when I get my wallet out :ROFLMAO: and I wonder why I'm always in the divorce court:giggle:. Sorry Indrajeet I'm in one of those jokes about the wife moods tonight. A beautiful sharp image, with great colours. Come on guys you must all have seen that look before.:love:

Just love the look on its face! Looks like the wife when I get my wallet out :ROFLMAO: and I wonder why I'm always in the divorce court:giggle:. Sorry Indrajeet I'm in one of those jokes about the wife moods tonight. A beautiful sharp image, with great colours. Come on guys you must all have seen that look before.:love:
๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘ thanks.

Back