Black Phoebe

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

From Orange County California yesterday. Critiques greatly appreciated!! Image downsized for positing. No setup used, just walking around the park. Thanks!!

1680997174224.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Really pleasant background on this one. Very nice texture and detail in the log and in the feathers - very nice and sharp. Nice catchlight in the eye as well. So a nice image all around from my perspective. Someone with a better eye than me might be able to suggest a more dynamic cropping for this photo.

Really pleasant background on this one. Very nice texture and detail in the log and in the feathers - very nice and sharp. Nice catchlight in the eye as well. So a nice image all around from my perspective. Someone with a better eye than me might be able to suggest a more dynamic cropping for this photo.
Thanks! The crop was my hardest decision, here’s a screenshot of the raw file.

Attachments

• 00C71FF6-8D99-4DB1-ABE9-CBA89689CBCC.jpeg
    00C71FF6-8D99-4DB1-ABE9-CBA89689CBCC.jpeg
    882.2 KB · Views: 52
Thanks! The crop was my hardest decision, here’s a screenshot of the raw file.
Definitely a tough decision - I'm at a loss for what I would do. Whenever I have those body facing left (right_ and head facing right (left) type of shots I often have to give up since I don't know what to do.

Back