Black Rapid SportX QD Camera Strap

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

doclrb

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Can anyone advise why the above-referenced strap seems not to be available in the US? Numerous dealers in the UK and Europe seem to carry it but thus far I haven’t found a store web site that will accept an overseas order.

Thank You.
Les

This one at BH? Or another one? Are you looking at it for use on right shoulder?

I am not longer using my BR Curve as it doesn't make it easy to adjust the length. And I can only use it one side.

I have switched to this Magpul that can go on either shoulder.

With the BR the camera slides up and down the front part of the strap.

With the Magpul the strap moves a bit and so you need to be aware of that. I find the Magpul with both QD's attached - one on body and one on lens - doesn't move as much.
The Magpul length is super easy to adjust.

Also the Magpul sits more center shoulder rather than on the end. That's not good or bad, it could mean more strain on the shoulder, but also without the camera down the BR has a tendency to come off the shoulder unless you get the extra straps.

Les so you want it with the QD swivel? If that is so, I will make another recommendation. Get the Kirk QD that protects the button. Worth it for long term peace of mind. So you could buy any of the options and add it.

Yes it appears that BR has stopped making/selling the QD straps. None listed on their website. And unfortunately the way that BR makes their straps you can't simply buy a Magpul swivel and adapt the BR strap. Dunno but maybe people who handle firearms can figure out how to avoid accidently disengaging the QD where people with cameras can't?

You should still be able to use a BR strap with a QD connector. All you need to do is to unlock and open up their carabiner connection, remove their screw in connector, and install a QD connector like from Kirk. Here is the one I use for my Z9 and 600PF. Note I have a backup connector that I connect to the QD spot on the bottom of the L frame. That way, should the primary QD connector fail, or the lens foot separates, the rig shouldn’t bounce off of the concrete.
IMG_0362.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I understand. I didn’t realize the QD connector was looped on the strap itself on their older setup. Which brings up a question…. if the QD becomes “problematic“ would you have to ditch the entire strap? I’ve never had a QD connector that failed, but I did have one that would stick when trying to release it (from Magpul). I tossed it and purchased a new one from Kirk. And the locking carabiner has never been an issue. YMMV.

Another option, though there will be naysayers, is to attach the safety tether to the camera strap connection and use a carabiner to attach to the BR strap itself. Works well for me.

I encourage all of you wanting this to read my post above on the Magpul for two reasons: You can wear it left side or right side. AND when you are walking you can adjust the length very quickly so it doesn't swing or put it at hands length if that is your preference. And if that doesn't suit you get yourself the Kirk QD and use with their current model. The caribiner had two lock mechanisms.

I encourage all of you wanting this to read my post above on the Magpul for two reasons: You can wear it left side or right side. AND when you are walking you can adjust the length very quickly so it doesn't swing or put it at hands length if that is your preference. And if that doesn't suit you get yourself the Kirk QD and use with their current model. The caribiner had two lock mechanisms.
The 'problem' with the Magpul is lack of padding. With a Z9 and 800 of, the Magpul cuts off the circulation to your arm and compresses nerves. They are built like a tank, but not comfortable, IMHO.

The 'problem' with the Magpul is lack of padding. With a Z9 and 800 of, the Magpul cuts off the circulation to your arm and compresses nerves. They are built like a tank, but not comfortable, IMHO.
I do agree with you. Yet, the two sided functionality and easy length adjustment are way better than the BR. If you have something very very heavy and will be out a long time there are shoulder pads you can use with any shirt such as this one? I found these because a Think Tank Sling was killing my shoulder. Search for Recoil Shield to find similar.

I have the BR strap with QD and a magpul QD strap. I prefer the magpul as it's easier to use - especially on either shoulder. The BR is god too if you remove the brad strap. It's a [ain to do so though.

Back