If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Recently, I drove out to Black Sands Beach below the village of Shelter Cove, California. It marks the southern terminus of the Lost Coast, a large coastal wilderness guarded by the formidable King Range. This was of the most foreboding places I've ever been. A sign on the trail to the beach lets you know the ocean rules this place, not man. You are warned to stay 100 feet back from the shore break. When you approach the water, you feel its power to take your life instantly. I didn't get the feeling this place sees much sun.

Sometimes in a beautiful seaside spot you think you are in touch with a higher world. This place felt like a lower world. But it was awesome!

These were made with a Nikon D850 50mm 1.4 at f6.3 with shutter speeds from 1/800 to 1/160 and Photoshop using Camera Raw and then the basic adjustments...

one.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

two.jpg

three.jpg

six.jpg

eight.jpg

seven.jpg

Last edited: