If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ChengHai Yang

Supporting Member
During the pandemic and the lockdown in my local resident, I can’t go out, just walked around my backyard and noticed these tiny blooming and wilting Wildflowers .
Taken by Nikon D7200, Nikkor EL 80mm reversed lens, 5” f5.6 iso 125 in 25 shots

42DBCF92-6C23-4C3A-9CA7-B5678A8F13E4.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

4AC69A6C-090B-4356-B8A8-DF958FAC02B8.jpeg

3F7C8417-E174-4F82-A02B-2F040F461C1F.jpeg

Last edited:
wow! beautiful! I like the colour combination of green and pink! And details are fantastic. you actually use the enlarging front threaded lens with M39, I assume? They are actually not for cameras as far as I understand but were used in equipment for printing photos from the film. Am I right?

Thank you very much! ElenaH
Yes, you’re right! Completely right!!
I collect the complete set of this class of lenses (the Nikkor EL) from 50mm to 135mm but I like the 50mm and the 80mm best. I collected this set of lenses because formerly I was the ower of two printing companies in packages design and printing but now I was retired since 2015.
Please kindly give me more criticism on my photos, I really want to learn and research on macro photography.
Once again, I appreciate your criticism, ElenaH

@ChengHai Yang , if you want to adress your message to some of the BCG memeber you can use @ before the name (as I use) and the application will automatically send the message to the member that there is something adressed to him/her.
Please kindly give me more criticism on my photos
I don't really take the real macro photos but doing kind of plants-phototgraphy. Your first image is absolutely perfect. On the second Im missing the shrpness in the middle of the flower. I is probably becasue of DoF (depth of field). Maybe you should consider to make stacking next time. Especially the middle should be sharp IMO. ON the third image you can see DoF very well (on the leaf right) and the left flower is out of DoF I think. But the middle flower has a good combination of colours (yellow-violet) and earn attention to be extra photographed on its own.
By the way, I am sorry that I connot read it from your name (ashamed) but can you tell me - are you a female photographer or a male? Just curious. thanks!

@ElenaH, Firstly, I have to send you my highest appreciation and thousands of thanks on your criticism to my photos, Ms. ElenaH. Because you’re the first person that gave me those precious criticism on my photos, except my Parents and my wonderful wife. Indeed, I have never got any criticism on my daily jobs and my outlook of life as well, I am very very ashamed on that because I always expect to have much criticism than admire, although, I have less admire from all.
Okay, Ms. ElenaH, my name is HAI, my middle name is CHENG and my surname is YANG. I’m a Vietnamese borm Chinese but not a communist Chinese and neither Taiwanist Chinese. My ancestors came to Vietnam since the 18th century, I was now the 5 generation. I was born in Cholon, Saigon, Vietnam on February 18, 1957. The husband of a wonderful wife and of two wonderful daughter, but have not yet got the honor to be a grandfather! Formerly, I taught technical drawing, maths and physics for four universities and colleges in Saigon, the capital of Vietnam. I also owned a private computer technical center, taught computer Science and programming for over twenty thousand students, some are now working for the IBM and Lotus in USA, Canada and Australia ( but not Austria, your mother country! Am I right?…)
Hoping to hear much on your criticism and taught me much on my photography skills.
Once again, thank you very very much to your message.
CHENGHAI

my name is HAI, my middle name is CHENG and my surname is YANG
👍 I had a look in google, of course, before you wrote the answer and saw that the name Cheng is a Chineese name for a male and means "Accomplish, succeed". I would never guess that the name Hai is also for boys. I would rather think it is for girls 😀
taught computer Science and programming for over twenty thousand students
it sounds very impressive! So, you are a teacher! Are you still working or is it now the photography what your interest is in? I would recommend you to have a look at B&H youtube channel for macro and flower photography. They have very good presentations where you can meet famous photographers you can lear from, you will know then the other channels, websites and books.
Austria, your mother country
yes, for the last 20+ years. My mother country is Russia so, I am originally Russian but left Russia 30 years ago. I am not a communist ;) 😀 but I lived through all that stuff, of course ;). Anyway, I think the most important is to be a good man with a good character ethic. And the fact that we meet people in BCG from around the world can only enrich each other. I have already learnt a lot in this forum and I am happy about it.
I am looking forward to seeing more pics of yours!

the name Cheng is a Chineese name for a male and means "Accomplish, succeed".

@ElenaH
Yes, CHENG is a Chinese name for man but as an adjective it means “clear and calm”. With the same pronunciation as you look up at the Google translation in Latin alphabets but in Chinese there are many words. The word Cheng that you search in Google is 成. But my Chinese name is 澄 with the meaning as I stated above but CHENG also written as 程 which means “a path, a plan, a program….” So it is not my name, and much more…. And HAI (海)means “ocean”, it can be an adjective or a noun. So, in combining my middle name and first name which means “a clear and calm ocean”. But, not only so, 澄海 is my ancestor district in Guangdong province of China, so I always write my name as ChengHai, with the capital “H” to distinguish both words and never break apart.

You asked me: Are you still working or is it now the photography what your interest is in?

NO, nowadays, I retired since 2015. However, I begin my teaching career when I was just 16 as a home tutor, after graduation at 21, I started as a technical drawing instructor for the Polytechnic University, the same university that I graduated a month ago. I granted a petition from the college of Pedagogy to teach maths and physics. A year later, I also granted the petition from the University of Science to teach maths and physics. Two years later, the University of Economic invited me to teach Computer Science and programming. Three years later, still teachin for the above Universities, I founded a Computer Technical Center naming CTC-CADASA for myself, CADASA is my sponsor college. After 10 years of working at my private center CTC, I had taught over 10 thousand students for myself. Using some excellent students to establish 2 printing companies as stated in my previous message. During that time, I designed and printed over thousand brochures and leaflets with photos taken by I myself (of course, with film cameras). Nowadays, as a retired citizen, I take macros photograhy as my hobby and interesting, besides, I also layout and print Buddish Bibles for free, very nice.

Yes, I usually lookup the YouTube but not the B&H, I also be the member of Flickr and Instagram, Nikon and Helicon. I also posted some photos to some macros magazines, but I ashamed for that, because I consider by myself that my photography techniques and skills are still very poor, I dare to post on that in order to have someone give me “criticism” but, miserably, on one care me, only you, Ms. ElenaH, the first and the only person gave me those precious criticism. Once again, please accept my highest appreciation, Ms. ElenaH.

I just posted three more photos that I taken several months ago before my great illness, I just recovered for 2 months.

Looking for your criticism and teaching me more on my newly posted photos several hours before.

See you again, Ms. ElenaH.

Last edited:
@ElenaH
Oh, yeah Ms. ElenaH, I forgot to tell you that I also became member and partner of EyeEm since 2020, where I had posted over 240 photos, 81 were selected to be “sold on market“ and 34 were “”selected as partner”.
If you have time, please visit EyeEm.com/ChenghaiYang1 and give me your criticism on them, especially those that were not selected…
Once again, I have to say “appreciate” to you in advance.

Last edited: