Blue Grosbeak at sunset

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

SoCal, a few days ago. Got some nice portraits and it just kept singing for a while so I tried getting more creative. I quite like this shot but curious what others think. No drastic editing, not much of a crop.
Thanks!
IMG_3927.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Personally, I like the more einvironmental shot more. First, because it is environmental and I am a bit bored by all those portrait shots that all look the same at times (your portrait is very nice, don't get me wrong, with the colors ryming between the birds back and the plant it is sitting on, the brilliant blue and the creamy background). Secondly, the environmental one has a very nice teansition from the foreground and the violet colors over the bird to the background. Tons of atmosphere and light, especially the backlit bird. I love the combination of loght, color and atmosphere and the contrast between the spikey branches and softer, rounder (and out of focus) bits. And the empty branches on the right help tell the story, one wonders when the second bird will sit down on that empty space reserved for it.

Back