Blue Turkey Vulture?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ssheipel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A friend directed me a couple years ago to a spot where she says most every day either around dusk or near dawn (dog walking time :) ) she goes by an obvious roosting spot for Turkey Vultures, my having suggested in the past that soaring Turkey Vultures a good photo (in my eye) does not make. Have visited at the appropriate hours a few times and not seen so much as a lost feather; this time success with the big beasts stirring as the day was dawning. Delighted that the light angle gave up some blue colouration! I feel most don't agree, but I find these birds remarkable looking (okay, not cute, but definitely not ugly!). Most roosting in thick bush, it's amazing they don't bust themselves as they crash through the brush getting airborne; the noise!
Turkey Vulture portrait sized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Turkey Vulture perched sized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I like turkey vultures and have shot many photos of them. Your photos are very well done and capture the finer points of this oft misunderstood bird. Nature's clean up crew. I agree, they are not cute but they are not ugly either.

Back