Bobcat hunt

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This bobcat let me get very close, not shy at all. Easy to get within 20 feet of him without any disturbance. I was thrilled with the opportunity and made multiple visits to the park. Let me know which ones are your favorites!
DSC_0304s.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Number 1
DSC_0216s.jpg

Number 2
DSC_0290s.jpg

Number 3
DSC_8083s.jpg

Number 4
DSC_0019s.jpg

Number 5
DSC_0206s.jpg

Number 6
DSC_8105s.jpg

Number 7

Last edited:
Amazing to get that close. Can I ask where these were taken? It appears there are at least two cats: a spotted male and a more plain coated one that may be a female (can't tell for sure unless I see it from behind).

Throughout 2021 those of us in Tucson had unprecedented bobcat viewing of a few individuals (sometimes with kittens) at a local preserve called Sweetwater Wetlands. (Sadly that opportunity is gone, but I won't derail your thread with the reasons why.)

Thanks everybody! Yup, 5 is a different cat, forgot to mention. The area had 3 cats, a female and two males. The male was the tolerant one, the other 2 were much harder to photograph.

Responding about individual images is easier if you number them......

I'd take #3 and give it a 16x9 crop......bottom edge just below his red nose. That would make a powerful composition. However, I don't know how much of a crop that would be................

Awesome animal and great set! Prior to Hurricane Ian we had a bobcat walk across our back deck a few times each week. One morning it had one of its kittens in her mouth. Perhaps to relocate. I was lounging in a chair and kept still to not disturb. Seeing me did not spook it. I believe that it lived under a porch deck a few doors down from us (Sanibel Island).

This bobcat let me get very close, not shy at all. Easy to get within 20 feet of him without any disturbance. I was thrilled with the opportunity and made multiple visits to the park. Let me know which ones are your favorites!View attachment 55851
Number 1
View attachment 55852
Number 2
View attachment 55853
Number 3
View attachment 55854
Number 4
View attachment 55855
Number 5
View attachment 55856
Number 6
View attachment 55857