Bonus shot.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Kjellis

Last sunday I was hiking along the local river near to where I live looking for the white throated dipper. As I couldn’t find any dippers I’m glad I brought my 14-30 lens and got this landscape shot as a bonus 😊

Shot with the Nikon Z6 ii and the 14-30mm f/4 - 19mm, 1 sec., ISO 100, ND8 filter.
D1C346E3-15B7-4799-94EC-8AA00BCE86DF.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Dippers are my nemesis(or one of them). When I have a landscape lens fitted they're all over the place. With long glass there's never one to be found :(

I like the way you chose the composition as far as the creek flowing through the frame. Also a nice job pulling detail out of the rocks. And I'm a fan of slow shutter on small falls like this. IMO you'd have been better served to frame only the creek. The trees/sky above are pretty messy and add nothing to the image.

Dippers are my nemesis(or one of them). When I have a landscape lens fitted they're all over the place. With long glass there's never one to be found :(

I like the way you chose the composition as far as the creek flowing through the frame. Also a nice job pulling detail out of the rocks. And I'm a fan of slow shutter on small falls like this. IMO you'd have been better served to frame only the creek. The trees/sky above are pretty messy and add nothing to the image.
Thanks Dan! 😊 I was actually thinking about cropping out the trees/sky, I think I will do a new edit.

I like the first image. The trees are not really pretty but they do provide a sense of scale to the image. In the second image it feels like I'm bumping my head up on the top edge of the photo. It leaves me wondering what's up top.

I like the first image. The trees are not really pretty but they do provide a sense of scale to the image. In the second image it feels like I'm bumping my head up on the top edge of the photo. It leaves me wondering what's up top.
Thanks! I can’t really say wich I like the most of the two. The trees are messy, but I think they add a little to the image, so I agree with you there 😊

I would raise the crop until you can just see the lower root/trunk of the trees on the right side if the ridge above the Creek, which will allow some of the lower part of the sky to show. This will give a glimpse of what is uptop and show a bit of the lower sky without being as messy. Otherwise a nice crop.

I would raise the crop until you can just see the lower root/trunk of the trees on the right side if the ridge above the Creek, which will allow some of the lower part of the sky to show. This will give a glimpse of what is uptop and show a bit of the lower sky without being as messy. Otherwise a nice crop.
Thanks! Yeah, that might work, I’ll give it a try😊 shooting landscape is really hard...

Good for you! What a sweet consolation prize! (y) SO worth it to me packing the extra weight of lenses for just such occasions.
Thanks😊 I really agree and the 14-30mm f/4 or the 24-70mm f/4 (for the Nikon Z cameras) that I bring along with me, are so lightweight that they are perfect for this use in my opinion.

Back