Border Crossing --- At Iguazu Falls, Argentina.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gottshotz

Supporting Member
Marketplace
DMG_4372-2-edit-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Straddling the border between Brazil and Argentina, these falls seem to go on forever. With 275 cascades it is wider than Victoria Falls in Africa, although the drop is not as high.
The surrounding forest contains over 2000 plant species, and is home to the Opossum, the only marsupial that is found outside Australia.
This shot was taken from the Argentinian side and shows the ""upper circuit". D7000 with Nikon 16-85mm. at 16mm. f3.5, ISO 200, 1/1250 Sec., handheld. 15/09/15.

You get about don't you! That looks fabulous, lovely shot.
Yeh Mike, since I retired 12 years ago we have covered a lot of miles, seen great places, super people and wonderful wild life -- I have been very lucky, as several of my friends never made it to retirement and I realised I had to do it asap before getting too "crumbly"--- My philosophy , if you can afford ,do it, life is too short and you only get one crack at it anyway !!

Very nice! This makes me want to go and explore those jungles.
Thanks Rassie, our itenary was pretty tight that trip, otherwise I would have stayed on for a couple of days --- did see some Coati mundi and several nice birds walking around the falls, however.

Yeh Mike, since I retired 12 years ago we have covered a lot of miles, seen great places, super people and wonderful wild life -- I have been very lucky, as several of my friends never made it to retirement and I realised I had to do it asap before getting too "crumbly"--- My philosophy , if you can afford ,do it, life is too short and you only get one crack at it anyway !!
Quite right too David, as the saying goes, 'We're here for a good time, not a long time!' Love your photos and philosophy, you're certainly making the most of it, keep it up!

Super image and great advice. Photography for me helps capture the moment which I can reflect on after. It’s a great way to get out and look at the world properly. Keep the images coming.

Super image and great advice. Photography for me helps capture the moment which I can reflect on after. It’s a great way to get out and look at the world properly. Keep the images coming.
Thanks Hawkshead, totally agree on your reflection comment. People forget that our wildlife photography makes us aware of so many additional climatic factors (temp., wind,rain sunlight etc. ) when we take the photo, and these "extras" come back to me whenever I review one of my pictures --- its almost imprinted like metadata and reinforces my memory of that shot. BTW check out part ii on the Falls added this morning !

Back