Boryoza Fuji XF to Nikon Z adapter

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This is a very niche product, which may or may not be of interest to you! In early December there was a bit of a flutter about it on Nikon and Fuji rumor sites, but then nothing. So I bought one on eBay, offering about $30 less than the buy now price.

In short - it works. Fuji AF lenses perform perfectly on a Z50. Aperture rings do not work, meaning aperture must be changed with a control dial, but zoom lenses with a control ring can have the ring set to change aperture.

I tried six Fuji lenses, and a couple of third party lenses. All worked.

The only caveat is that it is a tad ‘dodgy’. There is no paperwork with the adapter, and no apparent online support or information. It does come with a special lens cap that can do firmware updates, but no info about how to get them. I contacted the email seller in China, who does not inspire confidence! He calls me ‘friend’, and is very monosyllabic. … There is no online support or information. Instead, he sent me a firmware update file, but said if the adapter works there is no need to use it - though there were no instructions on how to use it anyway… I asked about future updates, if the adapter is killed by a Nikon camera firmware update. His response “Friend, send me an email.”

For about $200 I got a working adapter that lets me use my handful of Fuji XF lenses on a Nikon DX camera, or full frame in DX mode. It may die if the camera has to be updated, but that’s a risk I am OK with for now!

The only reason to buy it is if you already have some Fuji lenses you would like to use on a Nikon DX Z camera.

Which XF lenses have you tried so far? My non-birding/family/travel system is Fuji, and I have been contemplating moving that responsibility to a Nikon Z6III should it ever appear, but I refuse to give up the XF 35 f/1.4. The others, don't really care as much about, so would find some Nikon equivalents.

Last edited:
I remember seeing it on FR earlier this month, good to know it works. Just a heads-up to FX shooters, the XF lenses, as great as some are, are very specific to an APS-C sensor, so you have to shoot it in DX or put up with severe vignetting.

Working zooms. The lens control ring can be set to change aperture.
fuji EBC 55-200 3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
fuji EBC 18-35 1.28-4 R LM OIS

Working primes. Aperture ring must be set at A, and aperture changed using camera control dia
fuji EBC 35mm 1.4
fuji EBC 23mm 1.4 R
viltrox 13mm 1.4
TTartisan 25mm 1.4 (MF) (aperture ring works, of course!)

does not work, as the lens fits on the adapter but the bayonet can not be turned.
fuji EBC 27mm 1.28 R WR
this is my only WR lens, and I think it may be the rubber gasket that stops the lens from locking on the adapter. Perhaps all WR lenses suffer this issue?

great info thanks Snoogly as I am looking at this adapter for my zfc and fuji 35mm 1.4. Is the AF just as good as what used too and do you have any pics by any chance of adaper on camera and fuji lens? Thanks!

Here ya go.

On a Z50 both function buttons are reachable.

The adapter isn’t at all intrusive, and Fuji lenses feel well balanced :)

Full exif data is recorded :)

Attachments

• IMG_4370.jpeg
    IMG_4370.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4377.jpeg
    IMG_4377.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4376.jpeg
    IMG_4376.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4374.jpeg
    IMG_4374.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4373.jpeg
    IMG_4373.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4371.jpeg
    IMG_4371.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 79
This is a very niche product, which may or may not be of interest to you! In early December there was a bit of a flutter about it on Nikon and Fuji rumor sites, but then nothing. So I bought one on eBay, offering about $30 less than the buy now price.

In short - it works. Fuji AF lenses perform perfectly on a Z50. Aperture rings do not work, meaning aperture must be changed with a control dial, but zoom lenses with a control ring can have the ring set to change aperture.

I tried six Fuji lenses, and a couple of third party lenses. All worked.

The only caveat is that it is a tad ‘dodgy’. There is no paperwork with the adapter, and no apparent online support or information. It does come with a special lens cap that can do firmware updates, but no info about how to get them. I contacted the email seller in China, who does not inspire confidence! He calls me ‘friend’, and is very monosyllabic. … There is no online support or information. Instead, he sent me a firmware update file, but said if the adapter works there is no need to use it - though there were no instructions on how to use it anyway… I asked about future updates, if the adapter is killed by a Nikon camera firmware update. His response “Friend, send me an email.”

For about $200 I got a working adapter that lets me use my handful of Fuji XF lenses on a Nikon DX camera, or full frame in DX mode. It may die if the camera has to be updated, but that’s a risk I am OK with for now!

The only reason to buy it is if you already have some Fuji lenses you would like to use on a Nikon DX Z camera.
Hi, Snoogly, wondering if your have a website/email address to get firmware update of this adaptor?

Back