If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

SMB

I was in Bosque del Apache the third week in December. I have made several trips there in the past and photographic opportunities were a little different this time around.
The Crane pool on the entrance road, HWY 1, has water in it this year but not a lot of birds. Only a handful of Sandhill Cranes chose to roost there at night. Still at sunrise there was an opportunity for take off shots. Just a very few Snow Geese came in to bath during the day.
The Flight Deck had lots of Snow Geese come in and leave in the early morning, but no one seems to know where they spend the day. Some of the Rangers felt they were in the fields further South.
During the day Sandhills came and went at the top of the North Loop and the Coyote Deck. Also at the end of my trip they were seen at the pond to the right of the road past the North Loop Observation Deck.
So for me this year flight shots were not as plentiful especially for Snow Geese. But Bosque never disappoints because of the beautiful high desert winter light.
One of my favorite frustrations are pan blurs and slow SS shots.
#1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
#2.jpg
#3.jpg
#4.jpg
#5.jpg
#6.jpg
#7.jpg