If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Robert S

Had a couple of trips on the creek with Christopher Spooner. Top bloke. From memory there are five species of King Fisher on the creek. I got three. Conditions were not good, intermittent rain. Will try again in July.

Creek-3460-DeNoiseAI-standard-SharpenAI-Softness resize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Creek-3802-DeNoiseAI-standard-SharpenAI-Softness resize.jpg

Creek-4107-DeNoiseAI-standard-SharpenAI-Softness resize.jpg
Creek-4108-DeNoiseAI-standard-SharpenAI-Softness resize.jpg

Creek-4118-DeNoiseAI-standard-SharpenAI-Softness resize.jpg

Croc 20 01 24-4028-DeNoiseAI-standard resize.jpg

_H0A3772 resize.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I was in Darwin for Christmas until early Feb. 3 weeks hot humid and three weeks rain. I stay with nos. 2 daughter so not expensive. If you are visiting Darwin check out Northern Territory Birders on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/727665138011698/
Friendly group.
The Northern Territory is an interesting place. Total population is about 250 000. About the same as Toowoomba where I live. Means there is a great amount of nothing. I'm looking forward to going back for July in the dry season. Nice weather.
The salt water crocs in the creek are not much of a problem unless you stand on them maybe. During the day they are quiet, more active at night. The sea snake is not aggressive if left alone. The creek is tidal so if you want variety of birds best to check the tides. Lots of birds other than King Fishers.

Robert, I love your photos and I think you showed me some of them when we visited you. Have a look at the bird photos I took in Queensland after we saw you. johnhallett.myportfolio.com.