Burrowing Owl

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

As one who is crazy about birds in general, it was great to know of some burrowing owls within a day's drive out in South Dakota. I'll be going back in early September and hopefully they are still there (at least the Badlands will be). Got a few shots though they were skittish; this is just a "bird on a post" shot but kind of liked his pose.

z burrowing owl 3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice. We have them here in the Tucson area but I have never been able to photograph one. For a while I was even seeing one on the railing of an arroyo that runs through the parking lot of a shopping center.

Very nice shot of one of my favorite birds. Sadly the family I usually shoot is being displaced by a new warehouse being built in the field they lived in. No one seems to know what will/has happen(ed) to them.

Very nice shot of one of my favorite birds. Sadly the family I usually shoot is being displaced by a new warehouse being built in the field they lived in. No one seems to know what will/has happen(ed) to them.
So sorry to hear that, it's too bad they can't be protected. They are such lovely birds.

Back