If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This guy was resting in the rocks along the bay. He wakes up every day at sunset and goes hunting amongst the rocks for insects. Very friendly and not scared of the humans that pass 10 feet away on the trail. I took these shots without flash, but some were taken with a little help from a weak iPhone flashlight. Owl wasn't bothered at all, continued hunting and flying around the rocks.
DSC_0819s-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC_0718s-1.jpg
DSC_0487s-3.jpg
DSC_0589s.jpg
DSC_0618s.jpg
DSC_0860s-2.jpg
DSC_0642s-1.jpg

First one looks very sharp and second one looks reasonably sharp. Nice set btw.

I have seen them a few times (none recently) here in Tucson, but never photographed one (other than zoos). I know what you mean by not bothered by people. There is a very large shopping center on the southwest side of Tucson with an arroyo running through the parking lot. I used to see one sitting on the railing that separates the arroyo from the cars.

First one looks very sharp and second one looks reasonably sharp. Nice set btw.

I have seen them a few times (none recently) here in Tucson, but never photographed one (other than zoos). I know what you mean by not bothered by people. There is a very large shopping center on the southwest side of Tucson with an arroyo running through the parking lot. I used to see one sitting on the railing that separates the arroyo from the cars.
Thanks!
Interesting about the Tucson owl. Some of them are much less scared of people than others. In other locations they have giant sanctuaries (at least 3) for these guys, fenced so no one can get close. But then there are these rocks along the bay, which are very popular with burrowing owls. And the owls don't mind the humans at all.