Busy Damselflies - Corrected

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Went to the Schlitz Audubon Center here in Milwaukee (5 min from my house) to look for birds. They were in short supply though there were plenty of little flying critters at the aptly named Dragonfly Pond. Most of the processing was getting rid of the little debris specks in the water. Got most, then gave up. It was an interesting expoerience trying to capture these skittish, fast moving little beauties. Not perfect, but good enough. It was good to capture their shadows on the water!

Dragonflies01-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Dragonflies02-2.jpg

Dragonflies03.jpg

Dragonflies04.jpg

Last edited:
wonderful, especially using high ISO
Thank you. Had to crank the shutter speed to 1/4000 to freeze the wings which drove ISO so high. The new AI Denoise tool in LrC was necessary to get the files looking good enough. Not perfect, but good enough.

Super difficult shots to get and #1 is really outstanding!
Thank you. I also like #1 the best. I ripped off a couple of handred shots and these are the best three of the five I kept. I did spend some time "healing" all of the little junk specks on the water surface but left the damsellflies totally alone.

Thank you for the ID. I am big on photos but not so much on ID. Just need to try one of the available phone software tools.

Back