If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ado Wolf

I took my kids to a butterfly garden, to teach them all about butterflies. So I took the chance to use my D 7500 + 105mm F2.8 macro to take the shots.

most were quite erratic, so it made it quite challenging to take a shot with open wings.
769CA773-A0B6-460C-A747-48C4A43FE3AA.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

9514BB4D-BD55-47DC-99FE-5FED4872275B.jpeg

CC5FD9A0-0EBB-4EA7-8166-E8025931D462.jpeg

07525BDB-4C2F-412D-9C69-6E5B87EB9293.jpeg

E155BC7B-352F-4935-99FC-0421FCC9774F.jpeg

Excellent photos! I have noticed very light solid yellow butterflys here lately. They never seem to land on anything. Guess I am going to try some BIF techniques if I want photos. They are maybe just a little over an inch in size. Something to do when time permits. :) :) :)

Thanks @ssheipel @KurtT @Cas1234 @SonoranDesert @JAS @Annamaria @sh1209 @Bigmo and @dwillar for all your compliments.

I enjoy photographing butterflies. It gives me a peaceful feeling, and reminds me that life can be colors (despite the increasing negativity and conflicts that we face today).

@dwillar Try photographing them early morning or late evening... that's when they are more relaxed and tend to sit still.. they do however tend to sit with closed wing (that's the compromise).

I took my kids to a butterfly garden, to teach them all about butterflies. So I took the chance to use my D 7500 + 105mm F2.8 macro to take the shots.

most were quite erratic, so it made it quite challenging to take a shot with open wings.

They are very challenging subjects, but you've done quite a good job of photographing them!

Like a tiger's stripes, a streak of yellow and black flitted through the garden. The Eastern Tiger Swallowtail was an unusual visitor to my garden, and is a species native to eastern North America. It was drawn to the nectar of the colorful marigolds. The butterfly hovered over the flowers, its wings fluttering like a heartbeat. As it drank the nectar, its colors seemed to glow in the sunlight. The butterfly lingered for a few moments, savoring the sweetness of the flowers. Then, it was gone, a flash of yellow, blue, and black in the bright sunny daylight.

[Nikon Z8, VR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G, AF-C, Manual, f/5.6/1/200s, ISO 64]

DSC_4958_4803-4 2.jpg

Your image is not in sharp focus or there is subject motion blur that took place. Butterflies have been the most challenging of subjects as I seldom find them sitting still on a flower for more than a second or two.