Calendars as Gifts?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Viathelens

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I'm thinking about making calendars as holiday gifts. Do people actually still use calendars? Has anyone done this and if so what did your "gift-ees" say? A good idea or not so good? I use Bay Photo as I like their quality, here is a link to an article they just put out on calendars. I think their calendars are too expensive to sell to the public (but I don't buy calendars so I really don't know what they sell for these days), but they do make our images look great as their printing is top quality. There is also a percentage-off sale and I've included that info here. I found it interesting that the person who wrote the article swears by Instagram as the main source of sales, not something I would have thought of. I realize there are many printers out there and I can use a different printer at a lower cost, that's not what my question is about. Your thoughts on calendars as gifts?

https://www.blog.bayphoto.com/post/...QmweRX6OAeM2lb_EmCnmBGO3JzhJmJn3m0zQIq.XuxbLJ

Bay Photo.png

I use Bay Photo to print up annual desk planners, as opposed to hanging calendars, because the feedback I’d received was that the hanging calendars are too big and heavy to put on a refrigerator door and many people just don’t have the wall space for them anyway. They seem to like and actually use the lay-flat planners, but they’re a little pricey, granted. As far as I know, Bay Photo is the only lab that does lay-flat planners with binding along the left edge. Image quality is pretty good, too!

I'm thinking about making calendars as holiday gifts. Do people actually still use calendars? Has anyone done this and if so what did your "gift-ees" say? A good idea or not so good? I use Bay Photo as I like their quality, here is a link to an article they just put out on calendars. I think their calendars are too expensive to sell to the public (but I don't buy calendars so I really don't know what they sell for these days), but they do make our images look great as their printing is top quality. There is also a percentage-off sale and I've included that info here. I found it interesting that the person who wrote the article swears by Instagram as the main source of sales, not something I would have thought of. I realize there are many printers out there and I can use a different printer at a lower cost, that's not what my question is about. Your thoughts on calendars as gifts?

https://www.blog.bayphoto.com/post/...QmweRX6OAeM2lb_EmCnmBGO3JzhJmJn3m0zQIq.XuxbLJ

View attachment 98289
I ‘ve done it for a number of years as Xmas presents for family and requests from friends. I try to have a bit of a theme and pick images accordingly. Typically use Vistaprint or Photobox (I’m in the UK) and try and order when they have offers on leading up to the festive season.

Back