Came upon King Wapiti (or at least a contender for the crown) today!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ssheipel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Nikon D6; 180-400; handheld. I also noted that instead of switching the VR on I turned it off (on this lens on being in the opposite direction of my old 70-200....) Good learning moment as my thinking is taken over by 'oh oh oh oh, a bull elk is right there! moments LOL
And yes I did ask him, nicely, to step out of the trees an into that ring of yellow grass for nice framing :)

king wapiti calling.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

bull elk geen tree.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nikon D6; 180-400; handheld. I also noted that instead of switching the VR on I turned it off (on this lens on being in the opposite direction of my old 70-200....) Good learning moment as my thinking is taken over by 'oh oh oh oh, a bull elk is right there! moments LOL
And yes I did ask him, nicely, to step out of the trees an into that ring of yellow grass for nice framing :)

View attachment 7041

View attachment 7042
Nice images and he is a good looking animal. The in focus foreground in the second image with the elk sharp. Excellent.

Nice work, now I wish I had a lens like that. "bugling"

Back