Can I remove a Blackrapid strap carabiner?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

calcal

Carol
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Can I remove the BR carabiner with lockstar and replace it with a QD swivel to attach to my L-Plate. The carabiner is redundant at gets in the way. The strap model is Nicole Elliot with a carabiner and lockstar that appears similar to their other strap models. Thanks!

I had the same issue with my BS strap. I have a Kirk L-Bracket for my D7500 with the QD socket. I removed the screw-in piece from the carabiner and replaced it with a D-ring QD plug and all’s well. I’ve had no problems with the setup at all. The carabiner is never in the way and its plenty secure. I added a safety strap from the L-bracket to the camera strap where I have a stainless D-shape chain repair link. Just a little extra peace of mind....

Like above, I had to replace the caribiner due to excessive wear. I contacted BR for a replacement and they refused to supply one, so I went to a QD. According to BR you cannot do the replacement but I did. I cut the stitching on the strap and undid the strap, replaced the part and re-threaded the strap. When the strap was back to it's original position I sewed the end down like it had been. You can do it, takes a little planning.

Back