Can I stack Nikon and Nisi filters?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

mjais

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hi,
I have polarizers from Nikon (77mm and 112mm) for the 24-120, 100-400 and 14-24.

Sometimes I need an ND filter as well, e.g. for some waterfalls. I want one with 3 stops.

Can I stack the Nisi filter on the Nikon filter or vise versa?
Both Nikon and Nisi seen to have screw threads (hope this is the correct technical term), so I think it should be possible.
I just wanted to check before ordering the Nisi filters at a local store here in Munich.
From what I saw, the Nisi filters seem to be pretty good. Nikon does not seem to make ND filters.

Thanks,

Markus

Hi,
I have polarizers from Nikon (77mm and 112mm) for the 24-120, 100-400 and 14-24.

Sometimes I need an ND filter as well, e.g. for some waterfalls. I want one with 3 stops.

Can I stack the Nisi filter on the Nikon filter or vise versa?
Both Nikon and Nisi seen to have screw threads (hope this is the correct technical term), so I think it should be possible.
I just wanted to check before ordering the Nisi filters at a local store here in Munich.
From what I saw, the Nisi filters seem to be pretty good. Nikon does not seem to make ND filters.

Thanks,

Markus
In all likelihood, the combo will vignette on the wide end. On the 14-24 I use square filters from Lee on a Nisi holder, stacking no issue.

Back