Can you spot the 2nd Hawk?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Don't cheat. I will post a photo in the comments below with the location of hawk number 2. This image is HEAVILY cropped. We were pretty far away looking up.
Red Shouldered Hawk. Boone County, KY, USA.
_T3A0502.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Don't cheat. Here is where the chick is located. Just for fun, don't look at this photo until you've checked out the one above. Again, these are HEAVILY cropped.
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
_T3A0502 copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I see the chick‘s eye on the lower left. I didn‘t cheat.👍
cool. thanks. It sure was fun watching them. In a few days the nest will be almost totally hidden by leaves. The nest tree is only about 30 feet from a hiking path. We were there for about an hour and at least 20 people walked by. Not a one of them looked up. One gentleman asked if we got any good pictures. I gave my usual answer to that question; "I sure do hope so."

Seems like she picked a good place for a nest. Lots of trees to hide the nest, fields and forest surrounds the area. We saw a pair of red shoulder hawks in this same wooded area last summer with babies in the trees. The babies could fly from one tree to the other but didn't seem ready to head out on their own.
Jeff.

Back