Canon Firmware Updates

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I know most here are Nikon and some Sony shooters, but for the Canon shooters, a host of firmware updates were put up about a week ago. I shoot an R7 and updated to 1.50 with no issues.

May want to check Canon's website to see if there is new firmware for your camera and if any of the bug fixes impact your camera.

Hope this helps.
Jeff

Thanks, I must remember to open the connect app so now and then LOL
I didn't use the app. I just downloaded the updated firmware file (extracted it on computer) and then copied the file to the root directory of my SD card and updated from there. Worked fine.

I know most here are Nikon and some Sony shooters, but for the Canon shooters, a host of firmware updates were put up about a week ago. I shoot an R7 and updated to 1.50 with no issues.

May want to check Canon's website to see if there is new firmware for your camera and if any of the bug fixes impact your camera.

Hope this helps.
Jeff
I should check! I have an R5, and have never updated the firmware 😬. I got it 2 years ago so I’m sure I’m a few versions behind. Thanks for the reminder, I never think to check for firmware updates.

I should check! I have an R5, and have never updated the firmware 😬. I got it 2 years ago so I’m sure I’m a few versions behind. Thanks for the reminder, I never think to check for firmware updates.
I don’t have the R5 but I think one of the firmware updates corrected an issue with overheating during video.

Back