Canon neural network image processing

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bleirer

Bill, Cleveland OH.
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I gave the new Canon Neural Network cloud based image processing a try. It looks promising. A couple shots I thought were good came back even sharper, but you have to zoom in a bit to see the difference. It is an advanced version of the digital lens optimizer and noise reduction module. Right now it only works if you have certain RF mount L lenses. You have to update DPP4 and also download the neural software, then sign up for a $5 per month subscription to the cloud based tool. 30 day free trial. It takes a few minutes to process in the cloud, you can select multiple files then get coffee (starting with a click within DPP4), and it returns a new enhanced file.

So they have some work to do to add more lenses and speed it up.

Anybody else try It?

Last edited:
I havne't tried that. I was using DPP4 exclusively when I moved to digital for my Canon gear, mainly because it was free and I had no post processing digital experience. It wasn't hard to figure out, but once Steve introduced me to lightroom and showed what it could do, I moved over to LR and stopped using DPP4 entirely. I can do so much more in LR. Interesting though that Canon has updated their software...didn't think they had or planned to.

I havne't tried that. I was using DPP4 exclusively when I moved to digital for my Canon gear, mainly because it was free and I had no post processing digital experience. It wasn't hard to figure out, but once Steve introduced me to lightroom and showed what it could do, I moved over to LR and stopped using DPP4 entirely. I can do so much more in LR. Interesting though that Canon has updated their software...didn't think they had or planned to.

I use both as a rule these days. Lightroom is still my organizer, but keepers I send the raw to dpp4 for basic demosaicing then on to Photoshop where smart object layers with a camera raw filter gives me basically Lightroom again if needed, then saved and synced in the same Lightroom folder for organization.

It isn't changed much, just the addition of the neural network module if you subscribe.

Back