Canon RF 600mm F4 in Stock !!!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

marklangner

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Ok, so I had a deposit at a local store, but was doing web searches and Canon USA finally shows this lens in stock....I double checked on two separate browsers, checked my iPhone, logged into my Canon account, all to make sure I didn't have a spam url....so...looks like I got this lens headed my way !!!!!

Ok, so I had a deposit at a local store, but was doing web searches and Canon USA finally shows this lens in stock....I double checked on two separate browsers, checked my iPhone, logged into my Canon account, all to make sure I didn't have a spam url....so...looks like I got this lens headed my way !!!!!
Congrats!!!

Congrats.

I'm waiting on CPS Canada to get that lens in (they just finally received a batch of R3s) to their Test Drive pool so I can test drive it along with an R3 and RF TCs. I'm hoping they will have it available by April swallow IF season.

Let us know how you like the lens. I know a couple people that have it and love it.

Congrats.

I'm waiting on CPS Canada to get that lens in (they just finally received a batch of R3s) to their Test Drive pool so I can test drive it along with an R3 and RF TCs. I'm hoping they will have it available by April swallow IF season.

Let us know how you like the lens. I know a couple people that have it and love it.

I think this image answers the how do I like it question !!! Amazing, fast...does not have a control ring which I did not realize,...the EF with control ring adapter "may" have been better for that reason, but the R mount has some technical features making it better, and EF is going away. Shot in very low light (overcast and freaking cold and windy). 1/320 sec, f5.6, ISO 125, 600mm plus 1.4 TC, tripod with gimbal mount.
Snowy Egretta thubla - R5B10967.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I think this image answers the how do I like it question !!! Amazing, fast...does not have a control ring which I did not realize,...the EF with control ring adapter "may" have been better for that reason, but the R mount has some technical features making it better, and EF is going away. Shot in very low light (overcast and freaking cold and windy). 1/320 sec, f5.6, ISO 125, 600mm plus 1.4 TC, tripod with gimbal mount.
View attachment 33994

Very nice. If you have an R3 you can program the MF ring to be the control ring on the RF 600 (and 400). But not with the R5/R6. Of course then you give up MF ring so that may not be worth it.

I have a test drive of the R3, RF600, RF TCs now scheduled for 3 days in early April. I will be looking forward to seeing how that combo works. I last used R5 with adapted EF 600III.

Very nice. If you have an R3 you can program the MF ring to be the control ring on the RF 600 (and 400). But not with the R5/R6. Of course then you give up MF ring so that may not be worth it.

I have a test drive of the R3, RF600, RF TCs now scheduled for 3 days in early April. I will be looking forward to seeing how that combo works. I last used R5 with adapted EF 600III.
The R3 is tempting, as I'm going to purchase a second R5 this week for a backup camera, but I shoot allot of tiny birds, and it is impossible to always get full frame...so the 45 MP of the R5 is huge. I'd rather the MP than the higher shutter speed. My R5 shutter speed is doing me very well. And yeah, not often but there are times the MF ring is a necessity, so giving that up is a definite no. The one thing I have not done, and should explore, is the fact that you can preset focus selections with switches on the camera....could be huge in terms of a secondary spot you think the bird might go to quickly move lens, press a button, and be there....I've pondered it but not given that a try yet.

Back