Caracal mugshot

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve in Kromdraai, Gauteng, used to be a breeding centre for exotic carnivores like black leopards, jaguars, white lion and tigers, etc. I spent many hours over many years shooting all types of animals that you normally will not encounter in the wild.
Often you have to shoot though wire mesh.
This image is purposely faded to enhance this feline's striking face.
03362W D800 4170.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
The Rhino and Lion Nature reserve in Kromdraai, Gauteng, used to be a breeding centre for exotic carnivores like black leopards, jaguars, white lion and tigers, etc. I spent many hours over many years shooting all types of animals that you normally will not encounter in the wild.
Interesting Information! And I assume you are not far away from that reserve. Nice picture!

Interesting Information! And I assume you are not far away from that reserve. Nice picture!
Thanks, Elena. Have been going for more than 30 years,Most of my images ended up on hard drives and it is only now that I sometimes get the time to look at what I did not even knew I had. I see now you are Elena, not Helena, Sorry, I am a bit dyslectic and the H just went to the front!

not problem at all as the names are actually the same! :)
So, then we will see more images from you! to go through images of 30 years you will probably need another 5 years :D
I have posted quite a few from over there over the past weeks. I am currently working on Kruger images. Tomorrow it may be on Oz or Kalahari, it depends on what I see when looking for new images. As for 5years, I will not outlive the images I have - >500k

Back