Caterpillars, water drops and flowers oh my...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A few close up and macro subjects from the past couple weeks. Some of the detail is lost when downsizing for the forum but that is what it is. Hope you all enjoy the tiny world.

Skipper Butterfly. For those who may be unfamiliar with them, there are multiple species that all look a lot alike. I think this one is a "Least Skipper" but I always have trouble telling one from another.
_T3A4028.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Water droplets on a prairie grass bloom
_T3A4151.jpeg

Black Swallowtail Butterfly Caterpillar on a Queen Anne's Lace flower. These butterflies lay their eggs on members of the carrot / Fennel family. QA Lace is the perfect host. I like how these caterpillars use camouflage for protection. It looks a whole lot like bird poo on the leaves.
_T3A4356.jpeg

Fruits (berries) forming on a Sassafras tree. I'll have to keep an eye out on this group of trees as several species of birds will soon show up to eat the ripened fruit.
_T3A4345.jpeg

Last edited:
Back