Cedar Waxwing

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

geoawelch

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Even a blind squirrel gets an acorn every now and again.

My wife and I went in search of an ultra-rare for our neck of the woods Vermilion Flycatcher. We did not find our quarry and got eaten alive by mosquitoes and deer flies in the process. On our way out of the trail, the Cedar Waxwing you see here was kind enough to land on a lovely perch in beautiful light and gave us a full range of poses.

Cedar Waxwing Pickering Ponds July 2023.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beautiful capture and pose! Nice exposure and composition. Consider perhaps a square crop, thus eliminating some of the OOF distraction at the top, and see how you like it.

Really nice capture. I'm hoping that we get some cedar waxwings in the next week or two when some berries start to ripen.

I agree with @Butlerkid - the top clump of OoF leaves are a bit distracting (the edges of the leaves) so if you could crop them out it would really be a winner for me. If you're not a big fan of the square crop and if you don't mind cloning out the leaf in the middle on the far right, you could crop from both edges... maybe.

Thanks very much everyone for the kind comments and suggestions.

When I get a chance to get back in front of the computer this weekend, I’ll give the square crop a try.

Cheers,

George

what a beautiful bird - and well captured.
For me the branches are too distracting - so I would either have cropped the image or removed most of the background branches or do both - which would be first prize. I like the portrait crop for this one.

Back