If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A light early morninng snow seemed to change everything.
Central Park.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

As I studied your photograph, I thought about why it was different than what I would have done and that resulted in a teaching moment for me. The Engineer in me would have framed the complete pavilion & the tree and probably not the lamp post. I can now see how the strength of the stout, straight tree and the angled fallen tree draws your eye to the center and the clipped right side of the pavilion is of no consequence. Really like the overall effect of the green & yellow in the otherwise monotone scene. Especially the yellow leaves reinforcing the focal point. And the lamp post adds interest & depth. So thanks for sharing, Gene and helping this Engineer acquire an artistic appreciation!

As I studied your photograph, I thought about why it was different than what I would have done and that resulted in a teaching moment for me. The Engineer in me would have framed the complete pavilion & the tree and probably not the lamp post. I can now see how the strength of the stout, straight tree and the angled fallen tree draws your eye to the center and the clipped right side of the pavilion is of no consequence. Really like the overall effect of the green & yellow in the otherwise monotone scene. Especially the yellow leaves reinforcing the focal point. And the lamp post adds interest & depth. So thanks for sharing, Gene and helping this Engineer acquire an artistic appreciation!
Thanks Malcom for sharing your in depth study of my photograph. I agree with all you say. The results are the same I guess, I was thinking that the picture was mainly in the snow covered trees, ground and color with no sky showing through. I was using the pavilion and lamp to support with balance, time and place. I hope that makes sense.